Ella B. Smith (1852-1902)
Ella B. Smith was born in Bridgeport, Fairfield County, Connecticut on 01 May 1852, daughter of Christopher D. Smith and Martha (Andrews) Smith. She died in Bridgeport on 12 Nov 1902 and is buried in Lakeview Cemetery there. She married James Henry Beckwith, son of James H. Beckwith and Laura M. Bottom, in Bridgeport on 23 March 1871. He was born on 15 Dec 1849 in Norwich, New London County. He died in Bridgeport on 14 Dec 1919.
James Henry Beckwith and Ella (Smith) Beckwith had the following children born in Bridgeport:
- Ella L. Beckwith, b: 08 Oct 1872, m1: Frank W. David; m2: Ferdinand Beck; d: 08 Jan 1956
- James Smith Beckwith, b: 13 May 1880, m: Cynthia O. Dewey, d: 22 May 1930
- Sarah Frances Beckwith, b: Jul 1882, m: William Charles Baer, d: May 25, 1964
- Emma Martha Beckwith, b: 20 Sep 1885, m: William R. Dunn, d: 13 Nov 1970
- Mary E. Beckwith, b: 23 March 1888, m: Henry John Prall, d: 18 Dec 1971