James Henry Beckwith (1849-1919)
James Henry Beckwith was born on 15 Dec 1849 in Norwich, New London County, Connecticut and died on 14 Dec 1919 in Bridgeport, Fairfield County, son of James H. Beckwith and Laura M. Bottom.
He married first on 23 March 1871 in Bridgeport, Ella B. Smith, who was born 01 May 1852 in Bridgeport and died there on 12 Nov 1902, daughter of Christopher D. Smith and Martha (Andrews) Smith. He married second in 1907, Charity Melvina (Sterling), who was born on 14 Jan 1848 in New York City, New York, and died on 12 Feb 1931 in Queens, New York.
James Henry Beckwith and Ella (Smith) Beckwith had the following children born in Bridgeport:
- Ella L. Beckwith, b: 08 Oct 1872, m1: Frank W. David; m2: Ferdinand Beck; d: 08 Jan 1956
- *James Smith Beckwith, b: 13 May 1880, m: Cynthia O. Dewey, d: 22 May 1930
- Sarah Frances Beckwith, b: Jul 1882, m: William Charles Baer, d: May 25, 1964
- Emma Martha Beckwith, b: 20 Sep 1885, m: William R. Dunn, d: 13 Nov 1970
- Mary E. Beckwith, b: 23 March 1888, m: Henry John Prall, d: 18 Dec 1971