Alonzo Dewey (1840-1896)
Alonzo Dewey was born in Kingston, Ulster County, New York, USA in about 1840 and died there on 22 May 1896, son of Edgar Dewey and Sarah Ann (Ackert) Dewey. He married Christina Youse, who was born possibly in Wurttemberg, Germany on 21 August 1848, and died on 13 February 1933 in Bridgeport, Fairfield County, Connecticut, daughter of likely George Youse and Unknown.
Children of Alonzo and Christina Dewey:
- Anna Lee Dewey, b. 1869; m. John Phillip Grimes; d: 19 Feb 1937
- Jenny M. Dewey b. Nov 1871; m. George W. Schepmoes; d: 18 June 1932
- Alice V. Dewey, b: 21 Jan 1875, m: Lawrence Geattan Duley; d: ?
- Ida Bell Dewey, b: 14 April 1877, m: Otto Binder, d: 17 June 1957
- Henrietta Ella Dewey, b: 14 Feb 1878, d: 13 Nov 1881
- Cynthia O. Dewey, b: 30 Nov 1880, m: James Smith Beckwith, d: 6 Oct 1970